Task: Visualize a SOS
Aim: Visualize in the Chart Viewer and Map Viewer data delivered by a SOS.
- Map Viewer, Chart Viewer, and Time Controller Portlets deployed on an installation of the ENVISION Portlet container and configured with a SOS.
In the ENVISION Platform, the user can visualize different types of resources. The data coming from Sensor Observation Service (SOS) contain both a location (which is in most of the case represented as a point) and data series representing the observation; they are represented as points drawn on the map that the user can select to display a chart of the observation.
The procedure is as follows:
- The map displays the points representing the location of the observations of the newly added layer; the Time Controller Portlet displays the beginning and ending date when observation are available for this layer
- Select new start/end date for visualization of the animation on this time dependent layer and validate the new dates by clicking on the “Validate” button
- To select a specific sensor, zoom in/out or pan in the map using the buttons at the top of the map (the hand, the magnifying glasses, and the earth icons)
- Selects the “arrow” button in the toolbar of the Map Viewer Portlet and click on a sensor – a panel opens at the right displaying some information and options
- Select an offering and observation to display on a chart; select the type of graph and create a new graph by clicking on the button “Create a new chart” – a new chart is created in the Chart Viewer Portlet
- Zoom in/out the chart to display more precise data;
- Select another sensor by clicking on it;
- On the panel “Sensor Observation”, select a property and click on “Add to chart” – another observation is displayed in the Chart Viewer Portlet.
Concrete example: Interested users can test the resource visualization. The steps are as follows:
- Follow the guide Configure SOS visualization
- Use the page created in step 1