Task: Visualize a WFS
Aim: Visualize in the Map Viewer vector data delivered by WFS.
- MapViewer Portlet deployed on an installation of the ENVISION Portlet container and configured with a WFS.
In the ENVISION Platform, the user can visualize different types of resources. The data coming from a Web Feature Service (WFS), which are vector data, are drawn directly on the map area.
Then the procedure is as follows:
- The map displays the vectors of the newly added layer
- Zoom in/out or pan in the map using the buttons at the top of the map (the hand, the magnifying glasses, and the earth icons)
Concrete example: Interested users can test the resource visualization. The steps are as follows:
- Follow the guide Configure WFS Visualization
- Use the page created in step 1